The ECE Hub

Projects, Board Exams, Events and everything that is ECE Related

I noticed that many are asking the things that they need to do in order to pass the board exams. There's nothing wrong with that actually but I guess it would also be nice if we have an idea on the things that we should avoid while preparing for the board exams right?

Here are some things that I personally believe that will contribute to failing the board exams. This is based on my observations as well as the observations of other people.

1.Collecting all notes/books/reviewers/alleged leakages-
   This is a common practice among reviewers (me included)..However, its almost a guarantee that you will not be able to read/go over all of them. This will just confuse you further and can greatly affect your confidence..Here is a concrete example :
       "Board Exam is fast approaching, you already feel the pressure and then you see the piles of notes that you have'nt gone through. What would you feel?"

2. Studying till the break of dawn-
  This is also a practice which I am guilty of during the early days of the review. However, I was enlightened by my mentors (Thanks PERCDC)..Studying till the wee hours of dawn is not effective and is highly discouraged. Why? The answer is simple, You will be taking the board exams from 6am up to 6pm. Now if you have been studying during nighttime for the entire duration of the review. Your mind will become accustomed to working at these hours and believe it or not. It is already a big factor during the exams.

3. Trying to Cover all the Topics-
   Yes you can try but I will bet that in the limited time of your review, you will be able to accomplish this. That is why we enroll in review centers, for guidance on the things that we need to focus on. So do not feel overwhelmed by Tomasi or any other book for that matter.

4. Studying Hard
   Hey! Are you sure about this.. Yes folks you read it right. STUDYING HARD CAN HELP YOU FAIL..why? Let me first define what is studying hard. When I say studying hard,it is when you try to absorb all the topics given to you,pushing your mind to memorize the confusing formulas in geometry,the periodic table, the constants..and etc.. In this way, you are already overworking your mind.Here is what I suggest: DO NOT STUDY HARD BUT RATHER STUDY SMART! ..Yes..there's a big difference between the two..Observe the trends by reviewing past board questions, and of course,refer to your Review Center.

5. Passing Ahead of Time During Weekly Exams,Practice Exams, Etc
   "Ohh, Look at me, I finished 3 hours ahead of time."..Well congratulations! You fail! Let me explain to you why passing early on practice exams help you fail..The board Exams is 4 hours for Math and GEAS and 5 hours for Elex and Comms. Now with the time allotted,(except for Math)..the average student can finish ahead on time especially for Elex..However, imagine all the things that you could have done if you decided to wait it out and maximize your time.Once you have passed, its already over for you. You have no more chance of maximizing your score. Just imagine all the points that you could have made if you just maximized your time. Remember, in the board exams, every point matters..


Well, I guess thats some of the few..I encourage those who read this to post comments or any violent reactions to my post...:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment